SimpliGiv is a website which matches business with non-profits and vice versa to exchange donation items. The CEO/Founder was having trouble converting the users after several advertisements and marketing campaigns
Users would visit the website, spend less than 30 seconds and then leave. I was tasked with to understand what is the problem and come up with a solution.
Project Timeline: 1 month.
Due to limited time, I started going to the website and conducting a heuristic evaluation and noticing if the website follows current Web UI design trends.
First thing, I noticed was the site homepage was cluttered, did not guide the user to make a decision and could be confusing.
...along with that, the copy can be much clearer and the information presented was out of context.
Look at Google Analytics
I looked at the analytics data. I also added a hotjar plugin to understand the user journey. This allowed me to understand where the user rate is dropping.
With these insights, I decided to start wireframing. I discussed with the stakeholder about my plan and then worked from there.
The redesigned website looked like this.
- Leverage the technology tools available to us when you do not have access to users.
- Sometimes some minor fixes and redesigned information architecture can make a big impact.
- Do not be afraid to try something and fail, it is better than not trying.
- Keeping things simple is the most difficult part. Remove anything extra which does not stop user from doing his work.