Data-driven, lean, rapid iterative design process...
I am a designer and a researcher. I have worked with multiple startups in their early stage, created prototypes to enable startup founders to pitch ideas to investors.
The design approach I prefer is Lean UX in an Agile development environment. I focus on understanding the "why" and working my way up to create a user-centered design. I believe rapid iterative design process plays an essential role in creating a refined product in terms of functionality, visual design, and the overall user experience. I am passionate about design, technology, and startups.
UX Designer at Regenstrief Institute, Inc, June 2016 – present
- Develop storyboards, wireframes, and functional prototypes to facilitate design vision with business stakeholders
- Gather user-requirements from a challenging group using novel user research techniques
- Led Scrum meetings to manage the smooth transition from design to development and working through the design process from brainstorming ideas through creating documentation and assets.
- Created and tested a functional prototype as a part of the feasibility study and conducted in-situ observations to understand the target audience
UX Design Intern at NOMI, New York, Feb 2016 – May 2016
- Independently led the mobile design while collaborating with key stakeholders to understand business goals and requirements
- Conducted competitive analysis of apps to identify interaction patterns and key features used by the audience
- Conducted heuristic evaluation of internal web app to identify usability issues and improve workflow
- Delivered prototypes in an Agile environment for a mobile app with incremental updates scheduled every 2 weeks
UX Designer, /Halvsies, Indianapolis, IN, August 2015 to May 2016
- Rapidly prototyped several interaction patterns in Axure which was well received by the Product Manager and the CEO
- Created and documented clear design guidelines and rationale which saved developer’s time and effort
UX Research Assistant, Health Innovation Lab (IUPUI), Indianapolis, IN, August 2014 to May 2016
- Conducted 30 hours of ethnographic research with Eskenazi hospital patient population and clinic staff to understand patients’ workflow and identify workflow barriers
- Conducted heuristic evaluation on multiple websites to identify usability issues and improve user engagement
- Participated in design sprints to conceptualize and strategize product decisions based on user observations
- Created a functional prototype on an Android device and tested the usability with 24 users of age group 65 and above
Project Coordinator, Colorss Foundation, India, September 2012 to August 2014
- Organized workshops and conducted usability sessions to interview target users and elicit user’s mental models
- Led the design of self-defense mobile app using user-centered design principles based which has 10,000+ installs
Wireframes, Storyboards, Personas, Ideation, User-centered Design, Rapid Prototyping, Interaction Design
Contextual Inquiry, Heuristic Evaluation, A/B Testing, Usability Testing, Interviews, Literature Review, Participatory Design
Sketch, InVision, Axure RP, Adobe XD, Illustrator, Photoshop, Principle, Framer, JIRA, Zeplin, Balsamiq